Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And I came to welcome y'all to the Kitzmmer's Dungeon

J.J. Whitt, this entry is for you! 


As Jenny pointed out on the ol' stalk-book, our home, like most old homes, has a cellar. Our cellar happens to have entry through the guest bedroom due to it being an addition. There are many reasons to have a cellar, such as a place to store coal in the olden days, a safe haven if a tornado rips through the city or if a bomb is dropped nearby. In modern times, we use cellars for storage, hiding spots during hide-n-seek tournaments and home brewery setups (just to name a few examples of how I plan to use our cellar.)


As Jenny also pointed out, cellars are scary with precarious stairs. Our is no exception. Let me show you:


Welcome to the Dungeon, we got fun and games. 
You pull up on the handle, swing the trap door over and descend into darkness. 
(I would like to note that we will be removing this lovely carpet and adding wood floors.)

This is where I have visions of me plummeting to my death. 


Exhibit A: Cracked Stair Base
I just moved the Stairs of Death up a notch on our ever growing "To Do" list. 

Doors, windows, molding, oh my!!! 

Dead body? Maybe. 

Furnace Monster! <squeal>
(If we ever have children, I plan to make up terrifying stories about the Furnace Monster. Maybe you should never ask me to babysit.)  

Potential storage space or brewery station
   
(Yes, the title of this blog entry was lifted from the title of a ridiculously stupid rap song.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment